Monday, April 14, 2014

Second Race Review

This past weekend I did something I thought I would never do again...run another race.

The hubs and I joined in with some work employees and did the Purity Moosic City Dairy Dash. The name makes it sound like we were running around in a field of cows.

I honestly can say I felt proud of myself.

Almost two years ago when I was close to two hundred and twenty pounds, I decided to sign up for my very first race. I had no idea what I was doing. I struggled the entire time gasping for air constantly having to stop to walk. And not to mention I came in second to last.

This time I ran the entire race, paced myself....and I crossed that line almost 35 minutes later.



No I wasn't the fastest, but I didn't stop, and I kept pushing through the constant aches and pains of thinking my legs were gonna give out.

I was so proud of my babe. Eight and a half minute miles and about twenty five minutes later, he crossed the finish line.

I told him when we were done we should do a race every year.


 I love you babe. 
We will always be each 
others biggest cheerleaders.
 

No comments: