Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Don't Let the Bitterness Steal the Sweetness

I found this while looking at Pinterest earlier, and it hit a nerve.


I have had someone I love more than life, tell me this a time or two lately.

To ease up, not be so serious all the time...and I'm trying.

I realize I have hung on to things that happened in my childhood that I have never, ever told anyone except a few people.

I lost a parent in the middle of my teenage years.

And I now put up walls to distance myself among certain people I love because I am bitter. I'm bitter over words and situations that have happened over years time. Memories that I know have caused me to be the way I am towards people I care about.

Situations that should have been the happiest of my life, are now overshadowed with just plain out negativity.

If there is one thing that I always want to be is that person I know I am.

I am sweet.
I am caring.
And who I don't want to turn into is that person who loves drama, negativity, and who puts a front on for the world to see.

So from this day forward I'm gonna ease up, and not let the bitterness steal the sweetness.

No comments: