Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We're Human

This week so far, let's just say I have struggled.

Struggled with food, with exercise...with those frustrating negative thoughts.

It can be so draining...but tonight I made it happen again.

I decided to skip my hip-hop class I attend on Wednesday nights at the Y, because I would have been so late, and I hate showing up late to things.

So instead I went to the park in town, and ran. The weather was amazing, and the breeze wasn't too rough.

Perfect for building up a sweat.


My pace is getting better which I'm happy with.

I'm hoping to break a three miler in a few weeks.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am allowing myself to get back to running.

Last year I mentioned in a post that I felt like I wasn't a runner. It was so hard, and with the one race that I did do...it wasn't enjoyable for me.

Now, with forty pounds off...well, it's a lot easier, and I feel like I could go, and go, and go.

Tonight the only thing bothering me was my bladder. I had to pee like no body's business.

::I did think about letting it all go until I realized that I wasn't in a race, and wasn't in a predicament where I could not stop...so I held it until I finished.::

I sent a text to my hubs telling him that I felt really good about tonight's run and that I was officially out of my slump. I'm feeling inspired, motivated and ready to work out again (not that I ever stopped).

I think it's good to go through times of feeling blah. I know that reading a sweet text from a friend sure made me smile.



     "we all go through slumps...we're human."




1 comment:

Mrs. Parker said...

Way to go Liz! Glad to see you back in Blog-land! And MAJOR props on your journey! 40lbs is a HUGE accomplishment -- and I echo your friends wisdom, some days are better than others, but there is always tomorrow to begin again! Awesome, awesome job!