Thursday, August 2, 2012

First Race Review

I finally ran my first race last Saturday. It was a local race called the Goodlettsville Classic 4 mile.

For it to be my first race, I liked knowing that the course was pretty flat and very well shaded...just like the race information said.



A lot of people have said after the first race they do, "you get bit by the race bug".

I can honestly say I did not get bit. In fact, I can say I am dreading the big one in September, and will be so glad when it's over. Sorry to be Mrs. Debbie Downer, but it's true. I'm beginning to wonder if running is my thing or not.

Like with anything new, you live and you learn. Having dealt with tummy troubles on my own while running, I went light on what I ate the night before and the morning of. 6:30's dinner consisted of some hearty carbs (wheat pasta mixed with olive oil and seasoning), and a banana for breakfast that day.

By the end of the race, I felt as if I was going to face plant myself at any moment. The heat zapped what I had of me by mile 2.

I guess all I can say is that I know what I will do different come September, and that's what counts.

It's funny to me if I'm talking like this with a 4 miler, how I'm gonna be with a half marathon which is exactly 50 days away.

{face in palm.}

2 comments:

Stephanie McCall said...

hahah congrats on the 4 miler though! I want to do a half- but my race experiences have gone a little better than yours so that's keeping me motivated.

Krista said...

It may have been rough but you DID IT! And that is certainly something to be proud of. Wishing you the best of luck for a better experience in Sept. Keep going girlie!