Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My First Meltdown

This evening I had my first official meltdown with my hubby.
And I'm sure it won't be the last one...

And yes, it had to do with this strategic plan of getting back in to shape.
Geez, what in the world was I thinking?

Obviously I wasn't in my right mind when I didn't
consider any setbacks and hurdles I would have to cross.

I mean, when I ran before I had no problems what so ever.
I just did it.

But this time...
it's just not the same.
{i.e. I'm older, and heavier....}

I took this picture of myself earlier so you
would see just how I felt. 
It's not the most flattering picture, but you get the point.
I look miserable, because this evening at the track...
it was miserable.



You see, there's one part of me that's not wanting
to cooperate and be nice...
and that's my right knee.
Goodness gracious...it's a pain.


So I'm taking in the wise knowledge of friends and icing it up,
and as you can see our dear Kaci wants it too!


4 comments:

Amber said...

Hang in there!!!! We are going to have off weeks, in fact, last week and this week haven't been so hot for myself. You can do this and one bad day doesn't determine the outcome of your goal. Rest when you need to. I love you and I believe in you!!! : )

tricia said...

YOU CAN DO THIS. Push through it. You will feel better on the other side, I promise! But, in the mean time, take care of that knee!

Krista said...

Do your best but indeed take care of your body to avoid further injury...you can do it girl! Don't give up!

Lil' Woman said...

You can do it girl...just listen to your body and take precautions with your aches.