Thursday, February 16, 2012

Running Review (2)

Running.
I've decided we have a love/hate relationship.
I have more love towards it more than anything but some days,
it takes all I have to get out there and do it.
But I do it, and afterwards I'm loving it.
Make sense?
Probably not, right? 

As of my last review nothing has changed too much. 

The Shoes:
I'm loving them still.
They're worth every penny and I'd spend it again.
Get fitted friends!
Training location:
The same place mostly which is the track 
at the civic center I joined.
On Thursdays however, it's ending up the day I meet with my bestie
and we run at the park closer to her. 
Let me just say I can tell between concrete and track.
They aren't the same.

Exercise/Training Program:
So far my plan is working great.
This week I am up to one mile running.
Walk 2 laps, ran 5, walk 2 laps, ran 3, walk 2, ran 2, walk 2.
I'm hoping by next week I can make it to running a consecutive mile
with no walking.
On Tuesday's, I am starting to participate in a spin class!
I love it! 
Even the hubs enjoyed it!
It's the best 3 bucks we've spent in a long time!
Aches/Pains:
Besides the knee, nothing other than the feel good muscle pain.
However, tonight I ran with this bad boy and he was amazing!!!
No knee pain whatsoever!!
(( why does this picture of my skin up close freak me out so much? ))
Nutrition / eating habits:
I'm doing a lot better!
It's amazing when you're not eating all that trash how great you feel!
Here's some examples of what I'm eating...
 Breakfast:
A small cup of Special K Cereal...or light yogurt.
Snack:
Low Sodium lightly salted rice cakes.
So good with Peanut Butter and a sliced up banana.
{I'm forcing the banana on me}
Lunch:
Lean Cuisine on occasion 'cause of the blood pressure issue.
or...
a veggie sub from Subway or Lenny's.
Dinner:
Now I'm still working on this one.
It's hard trying to cook healthy for two people!
Last night I cooked spaghetti using 1/2 wheat and 1/2 regular pasta
thanks to the advice from a friend. 
It was delicious...
And on my evenings I head to the track...
I eat one of these. 
Goals achieved:
I'm seeing some changes in the number slowly but surely...
I'm trying to just stay focus on what I'm doing and not stress to much
on these numbers. 
And my increase in laps!!
 
And for the sake of a inspiring Pinterest quote...
I want this.
I love it.

via

No Pain...No Gain.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I can so so relate to this!! I am not a runner. or I wasn't. a friend and I started the couch to 5k program and we're running the Susan G Komen 5k this Sunday! mid-March there's a 6 miler and that's our next goal. I am so so proud. all of that to say I get this post :)

Krista said...

I'm so excited to hear about all the progress you are making, and your determination is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing all that you are going through, it helps me to get ideas and inspiration from you. Keep up the good work Elizabeth!

Chalk in the Rain said...

woo hoo!! go girl! I admire your drive to push through! This week I did p90x with my husband. I've always felt intimidated because my super tough hubby could do it, I probably never could...but I made it through the entire workout and felt so empowered afterwards! mind over matter!

Paige said...

That is so great!!
I wish I was a runner!