Friday, October 7, 2011

That Means You Aren't Pregnant

Sitting on the couch trying to decide when I wanted to 
start cooking dinner, I picked at my nails in boredom...
wondering when my hubs was going to say something about the clean house.

"House looks great babe"...he said walking in the living room basically in shock that 
I finally got around to sweeping the floor and dusting the furniture.

"Thanks lovey. I have such a headache though"...rubbing my forehead. 
"I think I'm about to start."
{which means Aunt Flo coming to town}

"Good...that means you aren't pregnant."

Earlier in times I would have shot back with some catchy remark
in hopes we'd fall in to a discussion of our future...
hoping there would be some sort of new plan like we'd start trying for
a baby at the New Year,
or at his next job promotion.

But in stead...
I just sat there and smiled.

I'm finally at peace with things right now.
I haven't sent him a picture of any cute baby clothes,
or any names I think sound good.
As much as I would like to say we have started trying to get pregnant..
we haven't.
And I'm okay with that.



via

4 comments:

mama marchand said...

Thanks for your honesty, friend. I'm glad you're in a good place about it! Also, that peace quote? I totally pinned that this week & have been reciting it to myself. ;)

Krista said...

That is so wonderful - glad you have peace cause that is so important. I love that quote!

Kristi Andersen said...

I think he will be more likely to come around sooner with you not sending pics, names and things like that. I am happy you are at peace with it. You are awesome.

Lil' Woman said...

He'll come around to it but I'm glad you've found peace in the meantime. Were taking it slowly on the baby making front in this house :)