Thursday, August 18, 2011

Show Us Your : Wedding Day

Oh how I love to look back on the day we got married.

It was the best day of my life....
or one of them for that matter.

I had seriously planned on having a wedding..
my gown was rented
{yes, greatest idea ever},
my fake flowers were purchased...
and the church was almost booked.

Let's just say I don't handle stress or planning very well.
It makes me wanna go bonkers and jump off a cliff.
Well, not literally but I don't do stress.

So...
I took the dress back...
saved a flower of the many I had already bought...
and made my announcement to everyone that 
my guy and I were going to the Justice of the Peace at 1:15 in the afternoon
on December 5th,
and who wanted to be there could be.

No it wasn't the prettiest place or my top pick...
but it was cheap, it was fast...
and all that mattered was that we were getting married.
I just couldn't wait any longer to marry my man.


After saying "I do"....
we went to Logan's Steakhouse
{a favorite of ours}
and grabbed a bite to eat.
I loved having my family there.


 The following day my parents through us a reception at their house.
It was wonderful.

My family and some of my closest friends were there to celebrate.



I loved that we didn't go broke on getting married...
and I loved that it was small and quaint.
Picture perfect in our eyes.

Next up...our honeymoon! :)



8 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that! I was tempted to do something very simple and inexpensive, but outside pressures somehow got us into a fancy wedding. Looking back, I can clearly see that the type of wedding would have made absolutely no difference. Wish we'd taken our parents' money and saved it!

Elizabeth said...

I love these pictures of you two! And what a sweet story. I agree - at the end of the day all that matters is that you're married to your man! xoxo

Lil' Woman said...

If I could do it all over again, I would have done that. The stress is crazy but I'm hoping everything comes together next Saturday! :)

Jessica Renee said...

This is soooo sweet!! I love that you changed your mind just so you could marry him already! :)

Heather said...

I didn't know that's how you got hitched! So cute! Good for you.
I wish...we has went to the beach by ourselves to get married. Maybe next time?...(that we marry each other! I mean!)

Ashley said...

Love it! My DH and I fought about the wedding for so long because I wanted small/simple he wanted big. He got his way and we still fight about it, lol!

mama marchand said...

Wow! I didn't know this about you! I think it's pretty fabulous that you scrapped the stress and did what you wanted. :) Trust me, the hubs and I were thisclose to hopping on a plane and going somewhere exotic to elope ... the stress about did me in!

Krista said...

Hooray for doing what felt right for the two of you! Glad your day was everything you wanted it to be :)