Sunday, August 14, 2011

My First....

Okay people...
get your minds out of the gutter.
{if I came across a title like this...I would automatically think something
romantic or maybe a little sleazy...but no, not on here...sorry}

I have been sitting here trying to brainstorm some ideas
for a snazzy little post title...
but unfortunately this is all I have.

Tonight I experienced my first taste of heaven.
Well...in all it's Southern, deep fried glory that is.

No other place I'm guessing,  you could find yourself some deep fried Oreos or candy bars...
or even Cheese cake for that matter...
than the County Fair.
Our Wilson County Fair that is.

I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted because my battery was dying.
It always, always seems to happen that way.
When I want to capture some good pictures...bam, it dies.

Since my hubby was still working his shift at the ticket booth...
I met up with some friends and walked around with them.

I just love this little girl, Kylie.
She has the biggest personality ever for that little body of hers.



I love some good ol' church hymns...
like Victory in Jesus....and the Old Rugged Cross.



We couldn't have asked for better weather than today.
The breeze was wonderful for such a warm day.


The hypnotist put on a good show....
I still don't see how those people could be faking some 
of the things they do.


Lilly got put in the dog show...
she placed 2nd in her division...
however she was one of only two dogs.





I love the look of Farris Wheels.
I thought this one turned out so pretty.







And these my friends are the Oreos in all of their glory...



Thank goodness I have no clue how
to make them!!



5 comments:

Amber said...

Fun! I love going to the fair! It always says Fall to me, but I guess that's because ours always comes in Fall. Loved your ferris wheel pic! Hope you have a great week! Love ya!

mama marchand said...

Fabulous photos, lady! We were going to go to the fair yesterday but N was sick so we couldn't. Here's hoping the weather cooperates next weekend and we can go! Glad you had a fun time. :)

Gail said...

I SOoo enjoyed looking at these pics, Liz! Your ferris wheel picture is awesome, too. I've never really been to the fair. I've only gone to work my shift and that's it, so looking at these made me feel like I went!
You've definitely got a talent, kiddo.
Thanks.

Simplegirl said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love those photos:-) Hopefully they'll get a fair in our town in the fall. My son loves them. Have a great week!

the workaholic momma said...

oh my goodness - all of your pictures are A-MAZING!!! And...I love the idea of fried oreos...those sound delish!! Glad you had such a great time at the fair:)