Thursday, August 4, 2011

He Doesn't Understand...

My hubs and I had one of those conversations not too long ago that
made my eyes swell up with tears, and really made me think.

To put it out there point blank,
he doesn't understand why I blog.

It's not that he thinks it's dumb and pointless or whatever...
that's not it.
He just doesn't understand why.


{via}



When I have opened up on here and wrote about my mom...
it has been because mainly I can talk about it at my pace,
and say what I wanna say.

I don't have to answer questions and talk about things
I don't wanna talk about.

When my love asks things that I know I should open up and talk about
it's only because he knows it will make me feel better.

I still hear him say...
"why is it you can write about everything to people you don't even know,
but when I'm right here...you never mention a word about it".

It's amazing how when you think you 
have a great cover going on,
the person who knows you best 
can see right through it.



4 comments:

BARBIE said...

I am not sure my husband truly understands the benefit of why I blog. He doesn't even read my blog unless I put the computer on his lap. But, I know that he supports me and that is important to me.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I'm there with you, I don't think my fiance understands. He's never asked about it or questions me, but he just goes along with it. I'll ask him, "Do you mind if I blog while you cook?" and he says no, but I don't think he understands. Honestly, he doesn't NEED to understand because he knows it makes me happy. It's a good outlet and a community of beautiful people. Just tell your husband that it makes you happy, and that's all that matters.

Jessica Renee said...

I'm sorry hubby doesn't understand :( Ronnie doesn't "get" how I could call bloggers I've never met, my friends but he understand that I really enjoy the sense of community and journaling my life. I just wish when I talked about it, he'd actually listen! lol.. You just need to remind him how much you love it and how you feel so much support here and then maybe he'll come around!

Lil' Woman said...

Big Man doesn't really understand either but I think he is starting to come around now.

Like your husband, he doesn't understand how I can open up so much to complete strangers.