Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Old Pictures

I came across some pictures the other day, and couldn't help but think about 
where I was at this point in my life.

It's crazy to think about just how bad I had it for the guy in the blue
standing behind me.
And just how crazy of a girl I was to put a million minutes
in to something that wasn't what I needed.


Yup. That's me with so much sadness in my eyes.
At the moment I didn't feel sad,
but looking back I think I was deep down.



The wild part is the man for me was 
right in front of my face all along.

And that's what makes me smile...not the pictures.

5 comments:

Neely said...

I love old pics of people! So fun!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Awww! How precious :) A very sweet post.

Jessica Renee said...

LOVE this!! :)

Nicole said...

Wow did I connect with this post! This time last year I was bawling my eyes out over ending a 5 year relationship...a relationship that was unhealthy and made both of us miserable. I clung to it and let it (and worrying about it) absorb all of my time and make me sick. Then, out of the blue, the right guy came along and I snatched him up. Could not possibly be happier. I have yet to decide what to do with all my photos from the past 5 years. It made me who I am but it's still painful to look at.

sprinkles said...

I can totally relate! I dated a dude for awhile and totally thought he was THE ONE!

I tried to better myself for him but I finally realized thaat no matter what I did, he would never think I was "good enough" for him. I just wish I'd have realized that before we broke up.