Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Pregnant 27 Year Old Female

Yea...I promise you, you read that right...

and so did I as I looked at it a million times as the nurse held the paper.

I looked like this...probably.

{insert dramatized picture taken in my bathroom at home}

 

"Was there a mix up?? I'm so confused....", I asked in shock walking back to the nurse's station.

"No....the information is all correct. Your social...your parent's names...your husband's name...you verified it all as correct."

"I mean...I know I look pregnant...but I'm just...I'm just so confused."

The nurse saw the doctor walk right behind her.

"Doctor....what would you recommend for Mrs. Thomas? A blood sample...urine sample?"

"Actually....what I think it was....when Dr. Aaron spoke the results for the summary of your visit...he said a pleasant 27 year old female, and it dictated pregnant."

Stomach sank. Jaws dropped....and a big ol' epic fail on their part.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh that is crazy! Talk about a panic attack!

Mrs. Parker said...

Oh dear! Hubby & I chuckled at this for a couple minutes! Sorry for the stomach somersaults! But what a funny story!

Rachel said...

What a great story. I had to read it several times -- and that is quite the dictation error on their part!!

Great "re-enactment" photo.

Rachel

mama marchand said...

I woke up at 4:15 am this morning, wide awake. So, I grabbed my iTouch and started reading blogs. I read this one ... and then I read it again. And then I hopped on your FB page because I swore I kept reading that you were pregnant. And then I figured out that you weren't. And then I fell asleep before I could comment.

So, here's my comment: weird. :)

the workaholic momma said...

how crazy - that would def be cause for some shock!!! epic fail..yes!

Jessica Renee said...

Wow. I don't even know what I'd say. That is some panicky stuff! Has your heart started beating again? lol

Flor said...

I had to read your post several times in order to believe what happend! Wow, major fail.
Your photo added the perfect touch :)

Impulsive Addict said...

Yikes!!!! Slight misake!

Ok, so since I'm new, would it be bad if you were pregnant?

Shannon said...

I had to read it a few times too, I would have fainted!