Monday, June 20, 2011

Miscellany Monday...as Random as it Can Get

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters 
I'm linking up with my favorite Monday linky!
{Surprised?}


{1}
I love tall, very tall trees....old trees for that matter.
My back yard would be filled with ones like these
if I had it my way.


 {2}
This pile in the corner of our office at home is haunting me.
You would think as much as I go to Goodwill,
it'd be gone by now.



{3}
 In a bunch ugly, brown dead leaves...
a perfect, fresh and new Strawberry plant grows.
 I love it.
{then maybe I should water it more, ya think?}




{4}
 And on our beautiful mantle filled with frames of memories..
a can of wasp and hornet killer stands.
So lovely.




And last but not least...
{5}
calling all Facebook pros.
How in the world do you change the notification to  
not go to your email at all??
Hence that's why I have 700 messages in my inbox.


Just let me know if you can figure it out. 
Update: 
Thank you so much for the 
thoughts and prayers with my dad's surgery.
However, due to a minor issue, 
surgery got rescheduled.
Thank you again!


12 comments:

Jessica Renee said...

Praying for your daddy! Keep us posted.

Also, for Facebook just go to the top right of your page where it says Account and click on Account Settings. Then click on Notifications and uncheck anything you don't want sent to you by email! Let me know if you have questions! :)

Elizabeth said...

Praying for your dad!

The Facebook notifications drive me crazy too! I also love big trees - you should visit Muir (sp?) Woods in California sometime. Its amazing!

A Day in the Life... said...

Still thinking about your dad! :) Happy Monday!

Emily said...

Praying for your dad!

I think there is a way to go into facebook in your settings and turn off the email notifications.

And Elizabeth is right, you should visit Muir Woods!

Sandra said...

Praying that your dad's surgery goes well!
Fresh strawberries sound wonderful.
And goodluck with the facebook issue! I wouldn't know where to start with that! :)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, it's nice to meet you in blogland. :)

Have a great evening!

Leigh Anne said...

Beautiful tree!! And love the wasp killer, we have our fly swatter in a easy to reach location since annoyingly we've had lots of summer bugs lately! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sarah said...

I love big old trees. They make outdoor spaces so much nicer. And it's so hard to get rid of old stuff, isn't it? Even when you want to, it's just such an unappealing chore. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be your newest follower :)

Melissa said...

Love the new growth out of the dead- it's so symbolic and it captures me every time! Thanks for stopping by my place, it's so nice to "meet" you and I look forward to keeping up with you! Praying for your dad!

Kalina said...

Okay Facebook used to do the same thing to me but if you go to "Account Settings" and then click the tab that says "Notifications" you should be able to fix that issue and decide if you want them sent to your email or not.

I am following you right back! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I LOVE yours!!

Amber said...

LOVE your goodwill pile :)

Krista said...

I love big 'ol trees too! And a goodwill pile? It's called our guest bedroom, the whole thing is full....uugh!

I enjoyed looking around your blog and am now a follower! Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Anna said...

Ah yes, the piles that haunt me... I know the feeling well! I came here through another Miscellany Monday post... I like your blog design a lot. :)