Monday, June 13, 2011

Miscellany Monday and the Review You've Been Asking for

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters 

So before I get started on my typical Miscellany Monday...
a few of y'all wanted to know my thoughts on the 

More than likely, I will never go back.
Truthfully, all of us girls were kind of let down on 
the selection of what the store offered.

They have everything as far as categories. 
Women, Men, kids, shoes, purses, electronics,
housewares, and more...
but a lot of the stuff is outdated 
{how we know is they put the dates as 
when they received it on the tags.}

The prices are pretty good...they offer 50-70% off regular price.
Coach bags were around $100-110 when in a Coach store, they'd be priced
at $250 on up.

I did luck up on one awesome goody.
I had been wanting to get a nice, flat iron for this head of hair that I have.
Chi's and Ghd's are what my own personal hair stylist uses, and we
all know those sucker's ain't cheap.

Sitting in the corner of one of the glass bins I saw a bright purple
Ghd travel set just screaming my name.



$90 bucks later and it was mine.

I would say that I am glad I went and looked. 
It could have been just that particular experience that 
we all didn't seemed to impressed with.

I did however buy my book at a Barnes & Noble we stopped at
on the way home. It is already filled with fluorescent yellow.
My hubs just smiled and chuckled when he saw what I was reading.
{Did you know having your teeth checked and A-okayed 
is just as important as all your other stuff working
correctly?}




I finally tried Pei Wei.
It was delicious.
A little pricey but delicious.




These little stinkers were so happy to see me on Sunday
when I got home. 




My co-worker and friend, Danielle...
 graduated from University of Phoenix here in 
Nashville on Sunday...
way to go girl! 
We're so proud of you! :) 




Now what's been happening in your 
neck of the woods today??

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Elizabeth!

Thanks for checking out my blog today. I'm loving yours as well and am following now :)

So jealous of your GHD straightener find. My sophomore year in college I got it into my head that I needed a pink chi straightener. Not because I have curly hair - just to style the ends. And I searched ALL OVER to find one.

Your dogs are simply precious by the way.

xoxo, elizabeth

Jessica Renee said...

That's an awesome deal on that flat iron!!

And yuuum I love pei wei! One of my favorites! :)

Jamie said...

I have no idea what Unclaimed Baggage is...never heard of the store. But after your review I guess it's not really worth checking out.

Pei Wei? Never heard of that either! Maybe I'm living under a rock...Well, my town does only have a pop of around 7,000, so.... :0)

Your pups are CUTE!!!

Michelle said...

oooh I would have loved to check out that store! i'm always up for a good deal :)

(absolutely ADORE your blog!)

mama marchand said...

Okay, woman. One piece of advice on that second photo of that book: don't overthink things. ;) It'll stress you out!

Awesome deal on the flat iron and um, I HEART Pei Wei.

cait said...

lovin' your blog too, girl! Thanks so much for stopping by mine! I had heard the same thing about the unclaimed baggage stores...that they're hit or miss. Glad you snagged a great deal...makes it worthwhile! A girls trip sounds like so much fun! :) And it is crazy what can impact pregnancy...super crazy! Just getting to know you and your blog, of course, and don't know your journey, but will say a prayer that God's will be done as you venture down the journey that will lead to mommy-hood! :)

Megan said...

I've never heard of that kind of straightener. Chi, yes, but not the one you purchased. Let us know how you like it!!!

Holly said...

Ok I saw your comment on another blog and had to stop by! I am from Nashville also...well I technically live just west of Nashville but I love finding other local bloggers! I will def be a new follower!

Syndal said...

thanks for visiting my blog! I am loving yours too!! :)