Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday's Recap of Wednesday

Well, friends...

I survived.
{{If you have no clue what 
I'm talking about,
read here}}

Not that I had any thoughts that I wouldn't...

but my visit with my lady doctor went well.

She thought everything looked normal {phew! wink..}

However, there was one thing that didn't really look too great...at all....
as in a scary way.

I have always had blood pressure readings on more of the high side....
like borderline hypertension.

However, my old primary care physician I was seeing never really mentioned 
wanting me to go on any type of medicine to control it.

In my Confession's post, I spoke about being nervous.

I have to say it wasn't really about getting the exam done.

I really hadn't told anyone I had and have been experiencing chest pains 
for close to a month....
{crazy, I know} just for the simple fact 
I didn't want to create a mountain out of a mole hill.

**When I say chest pains, it's not a pain you would think would be with a heart attack.
They aren't sharp, just more of a pulsing, throbbing, flickering kind of pain
that makes me want to rub the pain out of my chest. 
{That's really the only way I can describe it}**

The possible fact of hearing something pretty scary made me nervous, 
not the actual exam.

So there at my doctor's visit, 
when it came time to take my blood pressure, 
it read 208/114.

Normal is 120/80....so in other words I was basically at stroke level.

During this time, I wasn't feeling bad...
I was feeling more like I was in a foggy zone, 
like I could have slept for days.

I wasn't experiencing a headache, and
I wasn't experiencing any nausea....
I was just feeling very fatigued.

Since I wasn't currently experiencing any symptoms there in the room, 
I didn't take the offer of my doctor calling an 
ambulance for me to go to the hospital.
Instead...I checked out and went back to work.

Several hours later, I decided to stop by our local grocery store,
and recheck my blood pressure at the pharmacy to see if anything had changed.



Hardly any change at all.

With plans to lay down, I headed home, spoke to my hubs and
headed off to cozy myself up in my bed.

Right then it was decided that I might should go to the emergency room.

The nurses got me right in, plugged me, and 
did an EKG on me.

Thankfully, I didn't have a stroke...and everything looked fine.

Unfortunately, I wasn't out of the woods at that point.

After some waiting, they got me in to a room and started 
taking my blood pressure every 30 minutes or so.

It still was reading high...

205 over something high {I saw so many readings, I kind of lost track}

With an Xray and some blood work, everything came back normal.
No clots, my heart, lungs and everything looked fine.

My hubs was of course with me the whole time, and 
my mom Tami came and stayed as well...which I was thankful for.

After several hours and doses of medicine through an IV, 
my blood pressure got below 180....and we were able to go home.

We still are uncertain as to why it spiked so high, and what is going on with the
chest pains I've been experiencing.

I am hoping to get in with a primary care physician {I'm making my appointment tomorrow}
to get some information on what's going on,  and from there if doctors feel I should, 
I will be seeing a Cardiologist.

So, as of today....

I'm tracking my blood pressure everyday...


I'm drinking my water with lemon {out of my Copco cup, of course!}...




and I'm walking whether my hubs goes or not around our neighborhood.

Tonight, my love went with me along with the two puppies....and I really enjoyed it.


5 comments:

a lovely mess. said...

Praying for you my sweet, precious high-school, bloggy friend. I'm sure its nothing serious, but I know it can be worrisome anyways. Love you tons and hope all is well!

a lovely mess. said...

Praying for you my sweet, precious high-school, bloggy friend. I'm sure its nothing serious, but I know it can be worrisome anyways. Love you tons and hope all is well!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you get to feeling better!!

tricia said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry, girl. :( Glad your appt. went well and I'll be praying for the chest pains & your blood pressure.

Amber said...

: (

I just learned about all this. I'm so sorry. I'm glad your appointment went well, but hate you had to go through all this. Sending prayers your way they can get this under control. Love you!!!