Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

I made something that people would probably think I spent a good amount of time on...

but in all reality....

I spent a big, whoppin' 15 minutes on it.

Seriously.

And to make it even better, I would consider this a big girl's dish (not because of the calories or the fat grams), but because it just sounds challenging.

It even tastes like it would be challenging.

I made for dinner Fettuccine Alfredo...except the sauce wasn't out of a jar.

I can't even remember where I got the recipe, so I will say that where ever credit is due...I'm giving it to ya...and apologies will be given at any given time.

Before I list the ingredients,
I will say that I tried to use the healthiest I could with the ingredients
(light cream cheese, light butter....etc.),
but with a dish like this it's kinda sorta impossible to make healthy.

{1/2 cup of butter; 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese; 2 tsp garlic powder; 2 cups of milk; 6 oz. grated Parmesan cheese; black pepper to taste}


Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.


Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.


Toss with hot pasta to serve.

This will probably be the last time I fix this for a while,
just because it is so bad for ya...
but it sure was delicious!

3 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

alfredo sauce is my fave - yummy!! thanks for sharing!!

A Lil Story said...

Yum! so jealous, this is one of my favorite dishes but I can't cook worth anything so I usually end up using the jar alfredo sauce.

Thanks for stopping by my blog- so glad I found yours! Nice to meet ya =)
Lily

tricia said...

Sounds delish and easy! I'm keeping this recipe because the hubs is an alfredo freak! :) Thanks.