Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pour your Heart Out


I have been caught off guard.

I just kind of sort of got my feelings hurt, and I don't like it.

I would like to think that my hubs and I have a pretty typical marriage.

We have ups and downs, we have great times, good times, okay times, and then times when we wanna throw in the towel and run.

Have we yet? No. Do we plan to? No. Is it in the cards for us? Never.

People say "never say never"....but honestly I don't see it happening. I married Mike because he is the love of my life. Because everything seems right when we're together, and because we're not quitting.

However, apparently some of the world around us begs to differ, and I hate that.

I mean, heck...proof was shown on our engagement night.

Things were said and done during our year of engagement that I will forever take with me.

And now to be told that children should never be brought up in our marriage...that kills.

To know that when that time comes for us to make that huge announcement of a baby to come and to not have excitement from others surround us, that kills me.

Why do I feel everyone (that holds an important spot in my life) is against so much of our marriage?

All I have to say is if you don't want to be around us, don't want to be a part of us...don't want to stand behind the choices we make, or want to make in the future...then simply don't be, but for goodness sake, don't make it be known to me or him in such a way that is hurtful.

Oh and if this post bothers you, then simply don't read it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I read it, it doesn't bother me. It DOES bother me that people can be so hurtful and vengeful. It your(s and Mike's life), but I do see and feel exactly where you are coming from. Hang in their, doll.

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe that someone told you that! Your marriage only has 2 people in it, YOU AND MIKE! If you want to turn that in to a family, that is between 3 people, you, Mike and God. If you need to talk or even pray together, just let me know. You have become a great friend and I want you to know that I am always there for you (inside and outside of work.)