Saturday, January 1, 2011

Keeping Focus for 2011

Last night the hubs and I headed over to my bestie's house to ring in the New Year.

We actually decided last minute to head over there because I was having "woman issues". For the last part of my evening at work, all I wanted to do was plunge myself down on our comfy couch with my heating pad.

But I knew I would regret not doing something with the hubs and friends if we stayed home.

I hate that I didn't get any pictures (I forgot my camera), and I did get a small video with my new Flip, but it was nothing too interesting.

I've been thinking of a new resolution commitment for this year, and I actually have several. I wanted to actually pick things that I could work on and not things that were too easy or near impossible to keep.
  • Slow to anger. 
  • Forgive and forget. I want to be able to let go of past events, past problems with a specific person, and not let it be a topic of conversation in my daily life.
Those are the two main things that I decided to keep focus on in 2011.

I want to keep in mind that there is never, ever a reason to blow up over stupid, petty things that in the end will be forgotten and not matter.

I'm excited to see what this year brings. I'm excited for the unknown and the unexpected.

Thank you, Lord once again for another year.

1 comment:

jaime forrest said...

Sweet girl. Just remember God gives us the ability to forgive, but we won't forget. I'm not sure what you'd like to "forget", but I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I'd like to forget certain events, AND people. Ugh, but then I realize what a learning experience I had. It's also good to know someone else loves their heating pad like I do! :) :) and happy new year to you! Keep up my good reading material! ;)