Thursday, December 30, 2010

February 1st

The hubs and I have a decision that probably sounds odd in some people's eyes.

It was actually my idea to set a date....his response to it was just laughing.

We have decided to cut back on a lot of things starting now (we'd like to say January 1st, but sooner is better than later.)

Just a few examples:

Obvious money savers are taking our lunches to work and not eating out. That right there is a given. Luckily, I live close enough to home to just drive home on my lunch and eat, but the hubs? Not so much.

Our insurance. Come to find out, my coverage was too much on my car. We were able to lower it and save money substantially just by making a phone call to our insurance agent. 

Our cell phones. Thinking that Verizon is the best...we are actually going to shop around and see what's out there. What we are paying for our cell phones each month is ridiculously high, and I'm pretty much tired of seeing that amount come out of our account each month.

Grocery shopping. I have a bad habit of browsing recipes online, getting an itch to cook it, and making a trip to the grocery store to pick up more than what the recipe calls for only to spend more money that is needed.

Proof:



Don't judge by the organizational skills I have going on here.

And that's not even including a huge freezer we have in the garage full of meats and things....or our tall pantry full of stuff.

We have set a date of February 1st that will be the first date of my major grocery shopping (and that's if we really need it). Only trips to the store will be made for the necessities.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Good luck on this mission! I'm sure it will take a lot of work to be accomplished, but I have faith in you =)

Kim said...

I do all the grocery shopping. If B goes with me we end up spending at least $40 more and still have nothing for dinner! Check out my Thursday Blogs for my "Free Recipe Thursday".. most are made with things you have/normally buy! (I can't stand buying that one weird veggie or spice for just one thing!) And if you have any recipes you'd like to share, please do!!