Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pour your Heart Out


I don't know why, but I haven't done one of these "Pour your Heart out" postings in a while. Lord knows I probably need to on a regular basis. (Oh and click on the link for info from the fabulous Things I Can't Say to play along!)

Last night the hubs and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 1 at the theatre (man that's a long title!).

I'm not a huge fan of them. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but if I never saw them I wouldn't be crying. I only watch them because the hubs loves them, and he wanted me to go with him.

It ended up being a cheap date, because we got them at Senior price which was 12 bucks for 2 tickets. I know my hair was pulled back in a cute little library bun, but I didn't realize I'd be pushing senior status.

No offence taken.

The hubs and I don't have kids. We don't know what it's like not to be able to go out on a date because of not having a babysitter, so when I vent, I'm venting without having any idea of what it's like on the other side of the fence.

But seriously? When you have a 3 year old who is banging their plastic trucks and pulling at your chair, be a parent and take some action. I don't think your kid is cute when he's doing this, or when he's disrupting the whole theatre talking and crying.

It kills me.

My poor hubs dealt with this the whole evening without saying a word, which I was highly surprised at. He normally would say something politely but straight to the point.

Maybe the young girl at the ticket stand knew we'd be dealing with a 3 year old and that's why she gave us a discounted price.

Doubt it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

#1- 3 year olds don't need to see Harry Potter, but I understand you on that one!! I don't find screaming kids cute and adorable, nor kids that run up and down aisles, pull clothing off racks, or throw food. ((I understand kids cry- but their is a difference b/t crying and SCREAMING!))

Maybe my mind will change when I have kids, but I do not care for parents who do nothing but smile and shrug their shoulders at me when that happens))

I'm sure I've upset someone at that comment! :o)

Amber said...

Girl, I have a kid and do realize what it's like to not be able to go on dates very often, but I still would have not been able to take that. I would have had to say something. I hate when people take their kids to the movies. Unless it's a kids movie obviously. Even now, I hate when David and I go on a date and end up getting set next to a kid. David will tell you I complain about it every time! I'm on a date...I don't want to be around anyone's kid!!! Plus, what kind of parent takes a 3 year-old to a Harry Pottery movie? That would be scary for the 3 year-olds I know.