Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Go Back

Earlier this evening I came across my very first pair of running shoes.

They were with me through the rain, the mud, the cold..

I know you are probably thinking they are from middle school or when I was a freshmen in high school...

But no, it wasn't that long ago when I formed a love/hate relationship with running.

I loved the itch I had when I needed to go run. I loved how I felt after wards and knowing I was doing something to stay in shape.

There's not a day that a goes by that I don't think about starting it up again. What I would give to be able to go back to how I felt when I was physically active, and felt good about myself.


I remember when this picture was taken.

My bestie, Denise also known as my beloved running partner went through this phase with me from day 1.

The beginning when I couldn't make it several feet without wanting to collapse on the pavement and give up.

This picture says it all. 100 degree heat, in the middle of summer...soaking wet sports bra, with my unforgettable headband.

I know it may not be tomorrow, or even next year...but I will one day get hold of myself and start back up again.

I will, I will, I will.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ah, I need your motivation my friend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

bridget.sutton said...

Make it today, Liz. I promise you'll never regret a run afterwards, but it'll regret it all day if you don't go. I BELIEVE IN YOU!