Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And the Wheels are Turning...

It's amazing what goes through your mind while you're doing your morning routine....or shall I say, what all goes through my mind while I'm doing my morning routine.

A lot of mornings after I get my shower, I do my hair and make up in the guest bathroom so the hubs can get some last minute sleep in without the sound of the blow dryer, or me making any sort of noise.

Sometimes I even sit on the bathroom floor (lovely, huh) while I blow dry my horse's mane of hair.

Directly from where I sit in the bathroom, I can see where Buck has decided to crawl underneath our sofa, scratch and claw at the lining from the couch.

Thankfully, it's really something you can't tell unless you're like me who sits on the bathroom floor, or you're actually looking underneath the couch.

Needless to say it drives me crazy to know there is lining just hanging everywhere underneath our beloved couch....which got the wheels turning in this head of mine.

How crazy would it look if I somehow added a strip of fabric to the bottom of the couch?

How crazy obvious would it be that that was what I was doing it for??


Here's my artistic ability coming in to play with a photo I took of our sofa.

((And please note, the colors I added....well, I wouldn't go with that color scheme))

Ignore that one cushion is pretty much uneven and falling off the couch, and our pillows are in disarray.

A shame I can't say I have kiddos running around here...

What do you think??

*****

And before I forget I wanna do my Giving Thanks for today....

I am thankful for the little things in life that can make your day extra special, extra better....and just plain enjoyable.

Thank you Lord for the simple things that sometimes I may pass by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I think you have a great idea. I know someone that has a couch with the material all the way around the bottom.

Heather G said...

I have another idea, why don't you staple the lining back to the coach, or if he has completely destroyed the original, then just get some cheap fabric to stable along the beams under it.