Monday, October 11, 2010

Little Blessings

There is nothing more fulfilling that something working out in just the knick of time.

Last weekend we had two different people come and do a free estimate on our fence that we were wanting to get finished.

Thinking that we were going to be provided with prices of no more than $3-400...ended up being numbers of $800 to $1000+. We were shocked!

To our surprise, our sweet neighbors (not the ones with the diesel truck) were on their back deck and over heard the conversation. Mr. James and his son, Jeremy had done their own fence a few years back and told us that Jeremy was looking to make some extra cash.

Needless to say, he's going to do our fence in two weeks for $175. We are so grateful.

Along with working on our home...way back when sometime last year I purchased a Smart Card with the idea of the hubs and I using the Home Depot coupons for our fence materials/deck.

Last week, when I took a closer look I noticed they were expired. I had a huge sad face (ask the hubs).

Today, while the hubs was sorting through the shred/keepers....he opened an envelope from Lowe's.

I am a firm believer that God works in mysterious ways. That He places little blessings in our life to remind us what an Amazing God He is.

We're so thankful!


On another happy note...the hubs took my car and got it fixed!

I had been living on the wild dangerous side driving around with no signals and caution lights. (I promise I used hand signals!)

Several weekends ago, my sister and I had drove to Atlanta for our precious niece, Olivia Kate's first birthday!

Thank the good Lord, we survived the busy, crazy traffic of Atlanta (and just driving period). My sweet dad tried fixing it by checking the fuses, but was unable to actually diagnose the problem (and not to mention it was 9:00 at night). I was so thankful for his thoughtfulness and trying!

It's amazing how what started out being a somewhat "ugh kind of day" ended up being wonderfully blessed!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm glad you had such a Blessed day!!! I was shocked too when we got estimates for our fence. Who knew they cost so much? I'm glad to hear your no longer driving on the wild side! Ha! : )