Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Funny Story (Well, to us)

Ever since we have lived in this house, we have done all of our shopping, eating out...anything that is our "go to, need something" activity usually the next town over which is Gallatin.

We live in a little town called Lebanon, but where our house is located at, it's closer to go to Gallatin rather than drive in to the heart of our own town.

I work in Gallatin, I grocery shop in Gallatin...yeah, you get my point.

Along the main drag, we pass by this house that obviously has a young girl that lives there.

For the longest time, every time I would pass to go to work or any where, I would see this young girl sitting in a white lawn chair parked right there in her driveway close to the main road.

I, personally, thought it was kind of random for someone to be sitting in the middle of a driveway staring at the passing cars that went by. She wouldn't sit under the car port, or under a tree...just pretty much next to the mailbox.

I would see the young girl so often every day, that I began referring to her as "my friend".

The hubs and I began bringing "my friend" in to our every day conversation. It almost became like a instant thought when you would come to that part of the road to automatically look to see if she was sitting in her white lawn chair.

Up until recently, I wouldn't see her sitting in her white lawn chair. I wouldn't see her at all.

I became worried that something might have happened to the young girl.

Until not too long ago when I saw her walking across her front yard...

Me: Guess who I saw today...

Hubs: Who?

Me: My friend...

Hubs: Was she okay?

I honestly couldn't help but laugh to myself after I hung up the phone with my hubs.

It's true to say that I bet she has no idea she is a daily pick for our conversation...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lol, I am glad he was worried. That's awesome.

Paige said...

Lol, we have one of these "friends" too. His name is Paul and he does the "shame shame" thing with his fingers whenever you drive by. Paul is crazzzzzzyyyy!