Friday, October 1, 2010

Exciting Stuff and Boiled Peanuts

This is my way of winding down, and attempting to get my eye lids heavy.

I mentioned in last night's post that some of my co-workers friends and I are doing the Heart Walk tomorrow morning in Nashville...which means I'm gonna have to be an early bird, in which I am so not.

I'm sure I will have a good time though, and Heather is planning on taking pictures! Thank goodness for friends with cameras! (Hubs: If you're reading this, you can surprise me soon! he he)

I have a couple of things that would be considered exciting in the Thomas household...(drum roll here)

We are finally starting the process of getting our fence finished.

Winter 2009

There's really not a whole lot in getting it finished. When we bought the house, it came with the sides already up, but not closed in in the front, so that's all we lack with the fence issue.

You ask "what's so exciting about a fence?"

Well, 2 puppies that has to be leashed when outside = major inconveniences. (I know that sounds bad, but in all truth, it will be nice on beautiful days like today when they can spend time outside running and playing.)

So, hopefully, fingers crossed...it won't be too crazy expensive (which it shouldn't be) to do, and we can get this done pretty darn soon!

Another exciting possibility, is the hubs called me today with a opening at a certain location along with a certain job title. I don't want to say too much too soon...so just be praying that what's meant to be, will be.

I'm so proud of my husband, and I know that whatever happens, and whatever he decides to do, I will stand behind him 100%.

On a different note...

Today on my lunch I stopped at a convenience store that had a sign that said Boiled Peanuts.

I have so many fond memories of vacations where Boiled Peanuts came in to play during my childhood years.

Luckily, the lady was willing to tell me how she made them, considering they were in a crock pot right there in the store.


I love it when recipes come about, and it just so happens you have everything you need already in the pantry.

So, I come home..grab my bag of Unsalted Peanuts, some salt, the Crock Pot ...and of course fill my pot up with water...and let it sit on High for about 7 hrs.



Unfortunately...my peanuts didn't taste quite that good.

I think I need to find something else to give it a bit of a kick. Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Paige said...

Cutest house, ever.
Seriously!

I love the way boiled peanuts smell! Although, I have never tried them and know nothing about them!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know (being the cook I am - yeah right!) I have always been told they need to be "green peanuts". Does that sound right? I've been told these are a little harder to find, not all stores have them. Anyway, that's all of my cooking knowledge...it a nutshell (I had to say that). Love ya, Dad.

Kim said...

Silly Girl!! You need green peanuts to boil them!!