Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where Were You??

I am thankful...

I'm thankful that today I am still sitting here in my chair...under a roof, with a husband who loves me...with friends and family who if I wanted to, I could go see.

So many people can't do that today. It's 9 years today since the attacks happened, and I still find myself thinking about it, even pulling videos up on YouTube, as I did last night.

I remember what I was doing that day, as I am sure everyone else does as well.

Today is my best friend, Jacquelyne's birthday. I had spent the night and woke up to the radio we had left on from the previous night. I actually thought that the DJ was talking about a singer or actor who had passed away, not what had actually happened.

To my surprise, it was because of the planes hit the WTC. Live coverage was on every channel, and I remembering just sitting there with Jacquelyne and her mom in shock at the TV screen.

September 11, 2001...where were you?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Working in the lingerie dept at JCP.