Monday, July 5, 2010

A Weekend Wrap Up

The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays....coming in as a close second with Christmas.

I love everything that goes with this time of year.

Summer...which in our house means friends, family, cookouts, swimming....and just having fun!

We started our weekend Friday night by heading to dinner over at Jimmy and Michelle's house...they are two of our really good friends.

Jimmy made his fabulous recipe of Sloppy Joe's with a side of their fresh, home grown grilled veggies.

We found out first hand just how much dogs animals hate fireworks. Kaci held on to dear life while I held her in my arms...she had her claws dug in to my skin...Viv, their Boxer mix darted off their property...only to have Michelle and I drive around for 30 minutes hollering her name. It was pitiful to say the least.

On a good note however, when we headed home from trying to find Viv, she was standing on the front porch waiting to be noticed. We were so relieved.

We ended the night by playing a game of Wii where I Michelle dominated the whole group in Bowling.

It was a great way to wrap up such a long week at work.

Saturday we celebrated my FIL's (Papa Ronnie) 50th Birthday! We had such a great time!

The festivities began about 4:30, but I headed over to the house a bit earlier to begin decorating with Brittany. You know the usual "Over the Hill" signs, with black decor.

Kathy (my MIL) had gotten the food from a local catering place called Two Fat Men Catering. I highly recommend them. We had food galore...and it was all delicious. We had BBQ brisket, Potato Au Gratin, Corn Casserole, Garlic and Cheddar biscuits, Brownies, and that's only part of it. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I wish I was able to get more than 2 pictures out of the whole thing, but unfortunately all I had was my Blackberry camera. 


My FIL, Papa Ronnie....the Birthday Guy

The other picture I was able to snag was this one. Baby Easton is Matt and Amy's first child...he is absolutely precious. Amy and Jennifer are married to Mike's cousins. They are the sweetest, and I so wish we all lived a little closer than we do now.


Sunday, we all headed back to my In-laws where we hung around the pool. Papa Ronnie made his fabulous home made ice cream while we drank our Smirnoff Watermelon drinks. They were delicious. It was a great way to spend America's birthday!

I ended up feeling quite drained from being in the pool for 7+ hours, so I took about a 2 hour nap while I was there. I was so worn out. The sun can just zap you for all you're worth.

We came home with this little guy last night. His name is Cameron and he is all boy!!

We watched Spider Man and he finally dozed off to dreamland to come and wake us up this morning. He was a little snuggle bug though.


Today is gonna be filled once more with another cookout with family. We are heading to Christy and Tina's around noon for some more fun!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

No comments: