Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In My Neck of the Woods.....

or should I say neighborhood?

It's been since Sunday since I blogged, and I really don't consider that a posting because it was a "questionnaire"...

So far, I have rewrote this posting about 3 times. Maybe sometime soon, I will get it to flow.

I'm starting my new work location on Monday, and I am so excited. Like I said in my previous post, it will be a fresh start, and much closer to my house. I'm looking forward to being part of a great team of people, and gaining new friendships.

Looks like the last week of August, the hubby and myself....along with my In-laws will be set sail out of New Orleans on a cruise to Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas....along with Key West, Florida. This is not set in stone, but about 95% definite. We found out today since we would be leaving and arriving back in to the states at the same port (New Orleans), a passport is not required. I cannot wait to go on this cruise. Since my husband is not a fan of pictures, (it's like pulling teeth to get him in front of the camera), that week I will have full reign over when and where...and what he will be included in a picture. No ifs, ands, butts about it.

This past Sunday the husband and I decided to start on a Low Carb Diet. Basically wiping out all pastas, breads, and certain veggies....but piling on the meat in take. I must say this has been very tough. I would much rather have a delicious, buttery roll than a piece of chocolate cake any day. Last night, the hubby broke down and told me he didn't think he could do this anymore. I was kind of relieved in several ways, because it made it very difficult in cooking and preparing meals, as with a lot of diets. With that being said, we have decided to not be as strict with it. Basically not eating as much carbs every day. We'll see how it works.

I finally got my beloved Blackberry back. It arrived on Tuesday, and I have been one happy girl. Using the back up phone was getting very old considering it would turn off every 5 minutes. I felt very disconnected from my family and friends because 1) they didn't have that number...2) I didn't know any one's numbers from where I took full advantage of just scrolling to the contact name...and 3) I just didn't feel like using it if it would turn off in the middle of conversation. But like I said, I am back in full mode, and if you need me...you know what number to call!

Well...I guess that's enough for my ramblings now. Friday, I will be 27. Time has flown by so fast...3 years I will be 30! I'm excited to see what this life has to bring!

1 comment:

Heather G said...

I can't wait for you to start! Plus, you are sitting next to me!!