Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tah Dah!

.....And here is the newly redone kitchen!

The pictures really do not do it justice. Honestly, you can't even really tell what shade of green it is.

I should have done a second coat, in my opinion...but oh well.

It was actually pretty hard. The shade of yellow it was....going to the shade of green, made it really trying to make sure you were covering all of the yellow.

I love how it turned out though.

Now, all I lack is curtains. I was on the hunt today for some but failed at finding any that I truly liked. I made the mistake of doing that with the last curtains I had, and ended up hating them in the end.

You can't tell from the picture...but the sign above the window I found for 3 bucks at Goodwill. It reads...
Live well, Laugh Often, Love Much.


I totally copied the window idea from one of my sister's friends, Amy. She's a sweetie that I met this past weekend on vacation.

I think I may try and add a splash of color on that wall. As I type, I'm thinkin' it looks kind of drab.


Another view of my kitchen.

Oh my, how it needs some curtains!

And if you remember from a few posts ago, I mentioned this bad boy in a picture of all the goodies I found at a Neighborhood garage sale.

I haven't secured the T just yet, that's why it's positioned the way it is at our fireplace. I love the idea though that I'm going for.

Now if only the hubs could come up with a way to get it to stay. Hm.


Well, that was my weekend!

Hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! It does make a big difference! Looks great!

Kim said...

Only Amy's window frame wasn't originally missing a piece of glass until Nicole stepped on it :)

Love the new kitchen!