Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Testimony

For some reason I'm feeling tender hearted and emotional....maybe it's all that woman thing, who knows.

Facebook seriously has a way of not only reuniting people from your past (and present)....but tying in memories that either you have forgotten about, or memories you have always thought about, but just don't get thought about nearly enough.

My pastor from my childhood is actually one of my Facebook friends.

He was a man of such respect (and still is to this day), so knowledgeable of God's word...all tied up in to such a sweet soul.

I remember the day I came to know Christ. I remember like it was like yesterday.

We lived in a small, brick home in a neighborhood that was right across the street from our Church home, Hillcrest Baptist Church. I remember the days of Sunday School there, VBS, Fellowship picnics on the church lawn, sitting in "Big Church" as I would call it drawing pictures on the envelopes and eating Jolly Ranchers of my dad's...so many memories came from that church.

It was during the time period when Magic Johnson found out he was HIV positive. I remember I was 9 years old without a care in the world.

My mom was in the hallway of our house sorting through laundry when the thought hit me..."Where will I go when I die? I don't know...."

After speaking with my parents, I met with Pastor Ron who went through the Sinners Prayer, who told me I would now be embarking on a whole new life. The feelings I had were unexplainable. I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders...seriously like I was made brand new.

The next Sunday I went forward and made my Profession to Christ in front of my whole church. I cried...my parents cried, and others cried. The day I got baptized I remember being lifted in front of the whole congregation from being so short.

This is my testimony...and every time I see him on Facebook, I can't help but think of how I became saved and the man who taught me so much.

No comments: