Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Monday and We're Back Home

This past weekend the hubby and I drove down to Griffin, Georgia to stay with my sister, Amber and her sweet family.

It was seriously, one of the best weekends we have had with them. I really, really hate that I didn't get one picture on my camera, other than on my Blackberry.

The weekend was jam packed, but so fun.

We arrived around midnight Friday night, and took the grand tour of their beautiful, new home. I had seen pictures, so this was the first time to get the full effect.

Saturday morning, we got up around 6:30 to go to some community garage sales with Nicole and Amy, and their sweet little girls. We found some pretty great treasures, and as soon as I can, I will post what all I bought...and what's even better, is I didn't even spend 20 bucks! Through all the misting rain and such, we walked street to street gathering our goodies.

After that, we headed back to Amber's house to recuperate before heading out for Girl's Night. The guys did their own thing and spent the evening at Dave & Busters.

Looking back at this past week, I was so nervous about meeting Amber's friends. My insecurities were settling in, and of course the hubby told me "you're being crazy...you'll have a great time"...and he was right. Why in the world do I spend so much time letting Satan put these crazy thoughts in my head? The girls I met were the absolute sweetest, and it honestly made me wish even more that we lived closer than we do.

So, we loaded up the Trail Blazer and headed to Atlantic Station in downtown Atlanta. We were all craving Mexican, so we decided to try Rosa Mexicano. Kim couldn't have described it better. It was gourmet food with a Spanish flare. They definitely didn't serve the typical Taco Salads and Chimichangas. It wasn't uncommon to see Lamb and Duck listed through out the menu. It was definitely yummy...and the Sangria's were delicious too!

Sunday, I woke up with the worst headache known to mankind. I didn't really complain too much about it (or tried not too), because I thought it was just where I had slept in too long. Then I thought it was because I hadn't ate...and then I thought that it was where I hadn't taken my medicine. And finally, after everything....it was caffeine!!! I hadn't had an ounce of caffeine since Friday afternoon. Once I drank a few sips of Coke, it was gone.

Sunday night, we hadn't to a cookout at friend's of Amber and David's. We had a ball. Sitting by the pool chatting it up with all the wives and husbands laughing and talking about life.

I honestly, couldn't have had a better time this weekend.

And plus, I got to love up on lil' Miss Olivia Kate! Pictures will be soon to come after I transfer them off my phone!

No comments: