Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Need an Adjustment

I think I have blogged about this before, or maybe I wanted to...but at the time I couldn't get what was in my head out and on to the screen.

I have the worst habit. It has accrued more so now that I am married, a home owner...a woman that is entering new stages of life. Or at least I've noticed it more now these days than ever before.

I am always wanting more. 
Nothing is ever enough.
And I must say it's exhausting not only for myself...but without a doubt for my husband. I know within just this week, I have mentioned several things I would either like to have, like to go, like to do...and/or like to see. You ask to share some examples? Sure...

  • Yesterday I mentioned through a text that I found the perfect vacation spot that wasn't too crazy far, and would be worth going to whether for a few days, more than a few days, a week...just however long, and that was Charleston, South Carolina.
  • I mentioned today that I thought how nice it would be to have matching Dodge vehicles. Since he has a brand new Dodge Ram...how wonderful would it be to have a Dodge Durango in the color white.
  • And of course, I haven't given up on the search for plane tickets to California.
  • We have a website through my place of work called Corporate Perks (several businesses are linked with them). I found that their "WOW special" for today was a Nintendo Wii on sale for $100 bucks after rebate.
  • And how nice would it be to have a working camera that operates well. My camera is broke so why not mention a new Canon camera to see what is said about that.
This is something I have to work on. I cannot possibly imagine trying to provide for a home and a family  wanting to give all of what your spouse wants and deserves (not saying I deserve all of that), on top of having a spouse constantly throw at you what he/she wants. It's exhausting no doubt.

Maybe it's all about the saying "trying to keep up with the Jones'" but starting now, I am going to make a conscience effort to make sure I give thanks for what I have right now...because I know we are truly blessed, and everything I have is more than I will ever deserve.

No comments: