Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 1

So today we did a trial run on the whole Kaci situation.

For those of you who may have just come across my blog, we have had some issues with our puppy chewing on our couches. Never before have we had this problem. When we say she chews, it's been only on shoes.

Starting with this past Friday, I came home and found she had chewed through our couch. Not horrible...it could have been a lot worse, but enough to bring me to tears. I spanked her so hard, I for a minute there thought I hurt her, but she ended up being fine, only to be dealing with hacking the remainder of the night.

We were thankful she didn't do anything over the weekend, until Monday when the hubs came home, and she decided to do the other couch. We both were furious, and spanked her even harder than the first time.

Finally, we came up with the idea of keeping her in our kitchen. So far today, she did really well. We put some of her toys in there, along with her bed. I'm praying this works because I would hate to start from square 1 with the whole crate training, especially when once the fence gets put up, she can spend some time outside.

Fingers crossed, she stays this way.

1 comment:

KateB said...

I am so glad to hear that this was a success today! I hope it continues to work!