Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Review


I just realized I never ever did a book review on last months pick!

What in the world??!

This was the first time for any of my girlfriends, including myself, to be a part of a book club. When one of my besties, Denise brought the idea up to me, I was excited!

I have always liked the thought of being able to sit down and read a book, but my only problem was my attention span. Finding a book that actually held my attention longer than the first couple of chapters has been hard for me.

I felt like being a part of a book club would help me finish these book picks.

Last months pick was Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. I must admit when the book was announced it was the pick, I honestly wondered if it would be more like a Bible Study book.

It was, but that's okay.

I had mixed thoughts about this one. It seemed like everything that was said was very repetitive and drawn out. What could have been discussed in only one chapter....it was drawn out to 3 or 4.

The authors gave a very good job giving the reader a chance to envision what they were talking about.

If I were to rate this book on a scale of 1 being horrible and 10 being the best book ever, I would give it a 4.

But who knows...you may love it!

No comments: