Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Sunday Afternoon

This whole weekend has been absolutely beautiful. Clear blue skies with the puffiest, white clouds up against it....touched with a refreshing breeze. Perfect in my eyes.

While the hubby went golfing today with his guy friends, I decided to take Kaci and head to Mt. Juliet's very own dog park. Luckily, this weekend one of my besties, Denise was dog sitting an adorable Long Haired Dauschund named Precious...and believe me she is, so they came too!

When we got there we reviewed the rules posted. I thought it was a bit humorous that the #1 rule was that any Pit Bull breed or any dog mixed with the Pit Bull breed was not allowed. I wasn't surprised by it, but I was when when we walked up to the fence and there was not 1, but 2 very obvious Pit Bulls with their owners. What the hec? Do people not read?? Needless to say, they gathered the leashes and left.

Once we got in there, Kaci and Precious ran around full force. They loved it! It made me even more excited about getting our fence built in a few months.

While Kaci and Precious ran around chasing tails and so on, a couple decided to bring their mixed Blood Hound, Hurley. We were kind of wondering how he would do with 2 smaller dogs...but he did wonderful. They all got along well.

Not to mention, I got peed on while sitting there chatting with Denise. Yes, peed on by Hurley. Apparently, he liked me or thought I was a tree. Who knows.


Hurley....the infamous pee'er.
Kaci and Hurley

Teeny Tiny, Precious...relaxing after a hard day of
run arounds.


And the whole bunch.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

Texas The Doxie said...

Wow sounds like fun! I'm surprised the park said no pit-bulls..odd.. Poor dogs, being discriminated against and don't even know it. :)