Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Blessings

Today was an awesome day. It really made me see just how blessed the hubby and I are, and just how thankful we should be.

We woke up this morning and actually went to church! That in itself is something because we really haven't been in a very long time. We tried a church called Crossroads Community Church located right in Lebanon. The congregation was filled with old and young people and was very casual. The message was a typical Easter Sunday sermon, in which I really enjoyed and I think the hubster did too! I think we will definitely try and go back again.

Afterwards, we went home and I finished making a scrumptious dessert before we headed over to my parents house. I tried a Chocolate Brownie Trifle with pudding layered with Kool Whip topped with heath bar crumbs and nuts. I thought it was very good, and not just that, but easy peasy!

Lunch was delicious as always! Mom made potato salad, baked beans, devilled eggs, rolls, green bean casserole, a marsh mellow jello dish (I don't know the name of it!), and a ham! I couldn't get enough of the green bean casserole!

It was my younger brother, Josh's 21st Birthday so we celebrated his life with a cookie cake!

After eating, we played with Kaci and Tobi in the back yard. The pictures prove that I got alittle yucky considering my hair looks like a hot mess! Ack!


With Mom and Dad

With my mom

Happy Birthday, Josh!

With my dad















We had such a great afternoon ending with the movie, "The Blind Side". We loved it! I'm hoping we get that soon on Blue Ray! I wouldn't mind watching it again actually!
Now, we're back home relaxing with on the couch trying to gather our thoughts before Monday gets here. We close on our house tomorrow, so please pray my hand doesn't fall off writing my name so much!

OH! And my hubby was there today, but hates getting his picture taken! He was behind the scenes!




1 comment:

KateB said...

looks like you had a great Easter!!! we were outside all weekend too, I think I got a little sunburnt!