Sunday, March 21, 2010

This Got My Atttention

When I opened my laptop this morning, turned it on...naturally my set homepage pops up, which is MSN.

I have always enjoyed reviewing the happenings of what is going on in the world, what has triggered certain people, and what the debate is for today, in which they have displayed in there 5 second slide show.

Today really drew in my attention. I guess because of some several key factors.
  • I am a female.
  • I love looking in to other people's worlds (call me nosey, but whatever)
  • I love weddings!!

It was called, "I Hate Your Wedding Website".

I have friends who have shared their upcoming big day through tools like websites. Social networks like my addicting Facebook gives brides and grooms to be to share their big day on it.

And I LOVE IT!

In all reality, when the hubby and I were planning our wedding, I started to prepare a wedding website through The Knot.

It's wonderful because it has everything you need step by step in the process of the big day.

Now, enough rambling...but back to the article I read. To sum it all up, I gathered that people will judge if you seem to go overboard in sharing your big day.

In my opinion, brides wait their whole entire life for their Prince Charming to come sweep them off their feet. If brides (and grooms) want to go "overboard" and share the big news, so be it. They are entitled to from the day of the engagement to the day of the wedding, to however long they want to gush about it afterwards.

I would much rather hear gushing of happiness rather than tears of heartache.

What's your thoughts?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like your new blog!! so cute! I'm with you - gush away! :)