Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Latest on Our House...

For my family members who read this, ya'll are probably wondering what the latest is on our house....whether we're gonna buy it, look around or what. Well, the ball is finally rolling.



Several weeks ago, before I even started this blog up, I used Facebook as sort of my outlet, even with just updating my status' throughout the day. A lesson learned, I might add...that if your vague in what you say, people can often use their imaginations to try and figure out what you're referring to. (In which, I am so guilty of myself...sometimes it's hard not to).

.....is at peace with something I had been weighing on for awhile now. Feels good to give it to God, and let it be. What's meant to be, will be.

That was my actual status update a few months ago. Now, if I would have read that on someone else's I would have probably used my imagination to gather what that could have possibly meant. In all reality, I was referring to something so big that was actually causing a rift in my day to day activity. I began obsessing about finding a bigger and better house. Yes, a house. That's what it was all about. No, not my marriage...no it had nothing to do with having children, it was the house situation. I began constantly looking and looking to find the deal of the century in our area, because I had it drilled in my head that this was the time to buy. And I obsessing, meaning every night coming home looking on realtor sites, everything you can imagination, I was doing it. As my husband says..."once you get an idea in your head, you can't let it go". That is so true.

One morning, I woke up, and in plain as day...it was like God told me everything is gonna work out. Be thankful for what you have as your first house. At that point that morning, I hadn't mentioned the house situation to Mike just yet. (Normally, I would ask him if he had thought anymore about the house....) I sent him a text that simply said, "I'm ok if you want to proceed with the papers...I love you, and I trust that you are making the right decision". BAM. Right then it was like a weight had been lifted.

As of right now, we have decided to buy our cute house on Sheath Circle. I am happy that we are finally going to be investing in to something we call ours. Our plans for this Summer is to put in the remainder of the fence, which I will love because Kaci will be able to stay outside now on nice days. We are wanting to update some of the fixtures throughout the house, and all in all...with the goal of building some equity in the house. The exciting part of the matter, is without discussing details....we will be able to pay off all our debt with the only remainder of Mike's truck, and our house. I think that's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

We have been approved, and our mortgage application has been started. Thank goodness, the ball is rolling!


1 comment:

Amber said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!